Top Utah Business Attorneys
When you need to hire a lawyer, you don’t want someone who is just going to recite legal principles and spend inordinate amounts of time analyzing issues in order to run up the bill. You want someone who understands business – someone who understands when and how legal issues impact your day-to-day operations and affect your business objectives. This is what you get with Greg Smith & Associates, a Utah business law firm.
Greg Smith, our firm’s founder, is an experienced businessman who knows that small businesses need in order to be successful. He also knows what small businesses want: practical, cost-effective legal representation that mitigates risk and saves money (rather than making you feel like you are giving it away). This is why we have made satisfying these objectives the hallmark of our firm.
Our group of attorneys has substantial experience in a wide range of matters in the fields of business, real estate, construction, and employment law. We are available to represent clients in the following areas:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) – regulatory compliance and maintaining reasonable accommodations
- Business Divorce – succession planning and partnership dissolutions
- Business Law – entity formations, contract drafting, contract negotiations
- Business Litigation – business torts, unfair competition, breach of contract
- Commercial Litigation – UCC Article 2 and franchise disputes
- Construction Litigation – defending construction defect claims
- Consumer Law Litigation – fraud claims and alleged consumer protection violations
- Contractor Litigation – collections, mechanic’s liens, performance and payment bonds, change orders
- Corporate Litigation – securities defense and fiduciary liability claims
- Employment Agreements – drafting and negotiation of severance, confidentiality, and other terms
- Employment Discrimination – avoiding discrimination and dealing with allegations of discrimination
- Non-Competition Law – drafting enforceable policies and dealing with employee non-compete violations
- Labor Law – classifying workers as employees versus independent contractors
- OSHA and Environmental Law – compliance with safe workplace requirements and environmental regulations
- Products Liability Defense – protecting yourself in civil litigation involving failure to warn and unsafe products
- Real Estate Litigation – title and boundary disputes, real estate contract disputes
- Wage and Hour Law – compliance with overtime and exempt-employee regulations
- Wrongful Termination Litigation – at-will terminations, contract terminations, allegations of retaliation
No issue is too big or too small. We are your local business law firm in Salt Lake City. We’re here when you need us, and we will work diligently while making use of our vast expertise to make sure that your business’s interests are served.
Contact Greg Smith & Associates
If you are ready to get serious about protecting your business but would like to avoid squandering your profits in the process, contact one of the business lawyers at Greg Smith & Associates today. We pledge to provide highly-skilled, cost-effective, and personal legal representation that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations.
Located in the heart of Salt Lake City, we serve clients throughout the State of Utah.